Up to 1 Board Director Positions of the European Thermoelectric Society (ETS) will be opened for election at the 15th European Conference on Thermoelectrics, to be held in Padua, Italy, September 25-27, 2017.
- Relationship to thermoelectric
- And an agreement of the candidate to apply for a board position
The President encourages the European thermoelectricians to make every effort to attract candidates from a variety of European Countries, technical fields, and institutions, to best serve the Mission of the European Thermoelectric Society. Board Directors are elected for a three-years term and are expected to play an active role in the European Thermoelectric Society.
The current board members are: A. Weidenkaff (President) / Germany, F. Gascoin (Vice President, Chair ICT/ECT2018) / France, J. König (Secretary) / Germany, D. Narducci (Treasurer) / Italy, E. Müller / Germany, G. Min / United Kingdom; A. Burkov / Russia; J. Grin (Chair ECT2015) / Germany, K. Wojciechowski / Poland, A.P. Gonçalves (Chair ECT2016) / Portugal, M. Fabrizio (Chair ECT2017) / Italy, Bertrand Lenoir / France, Antoine Maignan / France, Peter Franz Rogl / Austria
The underlined members will leave the board.
The major goals (objectives) of the European Thermoelectric Society as stated in the Bylaws are:
- To promote cooperation and the exchange of information and ideas between individuals and groups with interest in thermoelectricity;
- To organize conferences and training courses on the subject of thermoelectricity for members and other interested persons;
- To encourage collaboration in thermoelectricity in applied and fundamental research and in teaching;
- To bring in contact and to support and facilitate communication between industry and academics regarding business application of thermoelectric facilities;
- To represent Europe in international thermoelectricity organizations.
- To fund research projects in the field of thermoelectricity.
- To award a prize for outstanding merits or achievements in the field of thermoelectricity.
Please don’t hesitate to submit your nominations. Nominations will be accepted until August 31st, 2017. Short biographies and information of the Nominees will be posted on the ECT 2017 web site shortly after.
The election of the new ETS Board Directors will be organized during the ECT 2017 in Padua, Italy and further details will be announced at the beginning of the conference by the ETS President.
On behalf of the executive ETS Board